Plus you’ll get our latest offers and flash sales straight to your inbox (and we promise we won’t spam you)!
TOP TIP for those of you who make lined zipper bags on how to add an inside pocket really easily.
Make the bag as normal and stop when you have secured the front and back panels under the zip.
* Then cut a piece of fabric twice the length of the of piece B (The section of fabric under the zip) and the same width – and add a bit extra, just in case.
* Fold the fabric in half, wrong sides together, and iron so you have a crisp fold.
* If you want this pocket to be tougher / crisper either starch the fabric when ironing or add a piece of stabiliser in the middle, jutting right up to the fold. You could even top stitch the fold if you want to be really good.
* Place your folded fabric over the back panel that has just been sewn in place, with the fold near the zip. Stick/secure in place.
* Sew the next step as normal – that is adding fabric to the front of the zipper bag – which will end up as the back of the bag. This step will double up as a step that secures the pocket on the back. You can then remove the tape or whatever you used to secure the pocket fabric.
You can use this method to add a pocket to outside back of the bag – You add the fabric to the front of the bag, under the zipper, instead of the back.